Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eclipse

There's something fascinating about an eclipse. I remember being in second grade and learning about how an eclipse works. Making little paper contraptions to be able to look at it when it happened.

That experience is something that's stuck with me as I've gotten older. Of course looking through little hand made paper contraptions didn't really show much definition or drama of the eclipse. But it does get the imagination going.

This suncatcher really embodies my natural ability to work with glass. I've work in many different medias, but this is an image I'd never be able to express in another media.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, stained glass is indeed proving to be your "true" media. This piece is a fabulous example of your innate talent. I have to admit that I fell in love with this piece the moment I saw it and I am so grateful that you let me keep it!! It's such a joy to watch you grow and further develop your skills with stained glass. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete