Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bare Trees

Like most people my age I grew up listening to the Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks iteration of Fleetwood Mac. I had always liked their music but then my parents purchased some CDs of the band's earlier work. Bare Trees quickly became one of my absolute favorite albums of all time.

There's a fantastic vibe to the whole album that gets me every time I listen to it. A certain moodiness to the sound and lyrics.

This was my first attempt at making a picture out of stained glass and I think I was able to capture the vibe of the album with this piece.

To really understand what I'm talking about you have to listen to the first song in this post as well as this one...

Of all the stained glass pieces I've made thus far I feel a special connection with this one. I'm very pleased with how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment