Thursday, April 19, 2012

Creative spark captured

Spring is my favorite season. I always feel my creativity spike when I see trees budding and flowers blooming. Sometimes I wish I could capture that creative spark.

I've always been fascinated with the idea of encasing something for safe keeping. People often lock away keepsakes in a case or trunk never to be removed again (or very rarely). Then the idea came to me to put something in stained glass. I can't think of a better way to display something beautiful than to have it hanging in stained glass, letting the light filter through it.

I decided the best way to capture the moment of early spring is to encase a rose bud. The color of the purple flower is striking against the swirled glass. The brown swirls representing the soil the rose grows from. An elegant way to bring the outdoors in.

No comments:

Post a Comment