Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New month, new work, new shop

I've continued working at a fast pace with my art. I keep experimenting and making new things with new materials. As my body of work builds up I realized I needed to better organize my for sale works than setting up PayPal buttons. So just in time for Mother's Day I've set up a Zibbet Shop: http://www.zibbet.com/StainedGlassByCyn. All pieces that were for sale via PayPal are now listed there for the same price.

$70.00 at Zibbet Shop.
I've also added a new piece. As I described in my last blog I'd started incorporating other elements to my stained glass such as old jars, bowls, etc. Well, as I shopped for supplies at my local antiques store I came across this marble elephant figurine. I immediately had an image of the elephant atop a glass box.

I think this piece is another representation of how I've found my artistic voice through stained glass. In other media I could make an image close to what I'd had in my head, or representing a message I wanted to get across. But this box is exactly what I had pictured when I looked at the figurine.

There's nothing like having something in your head and being able to produce it in the real world for others to see and touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment